MRO Corporation, a market leader of disclosure management solutions for healthcare organizations, has an opening for a person to work in the healthcare sector supporting disclosure management services.
The ROI Specialist is responsible for providing support at a specified client site in Odessa, Texas, for the Release of Information (ROI) requests for patient medical records
- Respond to phone calls from medical and support personnel requesting medical records or patient identification to be read from the record.
- Log medical record requests into MRO database.
- Determine records to be released by reviewing requestor information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and obtaining pertinent patient data from various sources, including electronic, off-site, or physical records that match patient request. Scan medical records into MRO database.
- When required, respond to walk-in customers requesting ROI information and log information provided by customer into MRO database.
- If necessary, respond and process requests from physician offices on a priority basis and fax information to the physician office.
- Comply with site facility policies and regulations.
- At specified sites, responsible for handling and recording cash payments for requests.
- Escalate issues to manager that delay timely release of records.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous Release of Information in the Medical Record field preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications. One or more years experience entering data into computer systems. Experience using the internet is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills; demonstrated success responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated success working in an environment that requires attention to detail.
- Proven track record of dependability.
- Prior work experience in Release of Information is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations is preferred.
MRO offers a competivie compensation and benefits package.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
MRO’s employees work at client facilities throughout the United States. We are proud of the culture we create for our employees and offer an outstanding work environment. We strive to match the right applicant to the right position. To learn more about us, visit www.mrocorp.com. MRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email email@example.com.