Texas Health Resources
Duties (includes, but not limited to):
- Supervise day-to-day operations of release of protected health information (PHI) enterprise-wide.
- Monitors turn-around-time of ROI requests to meet department’s KPI and regulatory turn-around-time requirements.
- Monitor productivity metrics for ROI Staff and provide timely feedback to improve performance.
- Adjust staffing to meet turn-around-time.
- Supervises and supports the work team, performing ROI Specialists duties, as needed. Ensures all employees receives, process, and fulfill requests.
- Acts as subject matter expert for staff within the ROI department.
- Coordinate accounts receivable process to include sending invoices, receiving payments, and posting payments in the point-of-sale system.
- Appears in court or coordinates court appearances with requestors and HIMS Leaders.
- Interacts with both internal and external customers/requestors to include, but not limited to: entities’ Privacy Officers, THR Legal Services, attorneys, state agencies, third-party payers, etc.
- Monitor and coordinate Accountable Care Organization (ACO), Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), Diagnosis Related
- Group (DRG) validation audits, etc. requests with Corporate Compliance.
- Manage the ROI Health Record Amendment process, escalate as needed.
- Proactively monitoring federal and state regulations for changes that impact ROI function and mitigate organizational risks.
- Initiate the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Audit and analyze work product of staff to ensure adherence to THR Policies and Procedures, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
- Act (HIPAA), HITECH, and other federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Monitor time and attendance of employees, document improvement needed and provide counseling as needed for improvement.
- Assists manager to include interviewing and selection of employees.
- Coaching and mentoring employees in order to improve performance and professional growth.
Health Information Release of Information Supervisor
Hours and Location:
Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
Arlington corporate office – May work from other hospital entities occasionally
Minimum Education required:
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or a related field is required.
May substitute with an Associate’s degree in Health Information Management or a related field with four years of experience.
Minimum Experience required:
Two years of health information management services or related health care experience required.
Previous leadership (team lead, supervisor or manager) experience is strongly preferred.
RHIT required; RHIA preferred
Knowledge of complex acute care hospital Health Information Management operations including revenue cycle Data integrity and HIPAA privacy requirements. Understanding of HIM process in an electronic health record environment. Strong knowledge of federal and state privacy/laws regulations as they relate to release of protected health information. Ability to interpret regulatory requirements and apply complex concepts to facilitate organizational compliance. Knowledgeable of subpoenas and court proceedings. Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with requestors (Insurance Companies, Attorney’s, etc.) and other stakeholders. Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills. Troubleshoot, isolate and lead resolutions of issues. Knowledgeable in compiling and reporting statistical data. Ability to lead team, projects, and processes. Must be able to solve problems effectively and recommend creative resolutions. Excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to initiate action and creatively solves problems, meet goals, and produce results through effective supervision of employees. Effective oral and written communication skills. Effective problem solving skills with ability to deal with physicians, employees, and other hospital staff.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.Click2apply.net/fpbdbgmqqw3t7d6d