Texas Health Resources
Job Duties: Management of Operations:
- Assist manager in oversight of medical records auditing and completion activities enterprise-wide.
- Monitor staffing to ensure productivity, quality, and data standards are met and maintained.
- Monitor productivity metrics for staff and provide timely feedback to improve performance.
- Adjust staffing to meet KPI goals.
- Audit and analyze work product of staff to ensure adherence to THR Policies and
- Procedures, hospital rules and regs, and other regulatory standards.
- Identify quality trends and provide timely feedback and education of quality review results.
- Evaluate competency of staff and provide feedback, as appropriate.
- Assists with employee education and development of skills.
- Collect and analyze data from various data sources, including; the electronic health record, the Revenue Cycle system, Call Center Software, etc.
Management of Human Resources:
- Assist with monitoring time and attendance of employees, document improvement needed and provide counseling as needed for improvement.
- Assists manager to include interviewing and selection of employees.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring employees in order to improve performance and professional growth.
- Assist with system upgrades and workflow enhancement.
- Trouble shoot technical issues and escalate to ITS, as appropriate.
- Partner with ITS to leverage technology to increase productivity and quality outcomes.
Full Time Exempt position, 40 hours weekly
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or a related field is required.
***May substitute with an Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management or a related field with four years of experience.
Required Minimum Experience: Two years of health information management services or related health care experience required. Previous leadership (team lead, supervisor or manager) experience required.
Required Licensure/Certification: RHIT required; RHIA preferred
Required Skills: Knowledge of a complex acute care hospital or hospital system’s Health Information Management department. Knowledge of The Joint Commission and CMS medical record documentation regulations and ability to learn state requirements. Understanding of HIM processes in an electronic health record environment with ability to research, design, and implement best practices. Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills. Troubleshoot, isolate and lead resolutions of issues. Knowledgeable in compiling and reporting statistical data. Ability to lead team, projects, and processes. Must be able to solve problems effectively and recommend creative resolutions. Excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to initiate action and creatively solves problems, meet goals, and produce results through effective supervision of employees. Effective oral and written communication skills. Effective problem solving skills with ability to deal with physicians, employees, and other hospital staff.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.Click2apply.net/bx6sw6nmfgwtjykt