We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
Parallon/HCA is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and to ensure a successful transition to ICD-10. We also recognize that HIM professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership and competitive salaries.
Additional benefits include:
- Pay for AHIMA annual dues and credentials
- Provide monthly internet stipend
- Provide equipment including dual monitors
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short/ long-term disability, PTO, 401(K), referral bonuses and flexible schedules
- Training opportunities, yearly educational allowances and continuing education programs
- Holiday gift selections, years of service awards and performance incentives
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Codes inpatient records for multiple facilities using ICD‐9‐CM, ICD‐10‐CM and ICD‐10‐PCS
- Where applicable, completes the coding portion of the IRF‐PAI
- Maintains or exceeds established coding accuracy
- Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards
- Utilizes the complete patient medical record documentation in code assignment
- Initiates physician queries in compliance with Company and HSC policy where appropriate
- Reviews all official data quality standards, coding guidelines, Company policies and procedures, and clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current
- Follows all applicable coding guidance in assigning and sequencing codes
- Meets all educational requirements as stated in current Company and HSC policy
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Coding Technical skills‐ regulatory coding (ICD‐9‐CM, ICD‐10‐CM, ICD‐10‐PCS, MS‐DRGs, and POA Assignment)
- Communication ‐ communicates clearly and concisely
- Customer orientation ‐ establishes and maintains long‐term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Analytical skills – effective evaluation, synthesis and use of information gathered
- Initiative – independently takes prompt proactive steps toward problem resolution
- Organization – establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively
- prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi‐task
- Policies & Procedures ‐ articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills ‐ demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently – is self‐supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
Education ‐ High School graduate or GED equivalent required. Coding Certificate program (AHIMA accredited preferred) or Bachelors/Associates Degree in HIM/HIT preferred.
Experience – Minimum 1 year of acute care hospital inpatient coding strongly preferred
Certificate/License – RHIT, RHIA or CCS preferred
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To apply, please visit our website at Parallon.com/Careers, or paste the following link into your browser:
This posting expires on Thursday January 7th, 2016.