Texas Institute for Surgery
Located in the heart of Dallas, Texas Institute for Surgery (TIS) is a state-of-the-art surgical hospital dedicated to providing the best in surgical services in combination with renowned patient care. Our facility has nine OR’s, three pain management/lithotripsy treatment rooms and CT scan radiology services. There are also nine patient and family-friendly inpatient rooms for longer recovery needs.
TIS was founded and is jointly owned by a select group of highly-acclaimed Dallas surgeons and Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas.
TIS surgeons specialize in orthopedic surgery, back and spine surgery, pain management, ENT procedures, plastic surgery, foot and ankle surgery, urological surgical care, sports medicine and other specialties.
The HIM Manager is responsible for the oversight of EMR, transcription, release of information and daily HIM operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that patient accounts are reviewed for accuracy and addresses any discrepancies or inquiries with billing office, physicians office and patients to resolve issues.
- Ensures all responsibilities of the HIM Department are completed accurately and in a timely manner including imaging of medical records, transcription distribution, and completion of information requests.
- Maintains a secure, organized, and accessible HIM. Oversees process to log and maintain off site records. Investigates and responds promptly to any issues concerning lost reports or medical records.
- Provides oversight of the notification process for deficient records to the medical staff. Communicates suspensions and release of suspension due to deficient records to appropriate managers and staff.
- Review and process Huron requests for claim resolution.
- Processes canceled cases for imaging, coding and billing.
Education & Training:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- RHIT/RHIA preferred
- Must have at least five years progressive responsibility and directly related work experience and/or a combination of experience with RHIT/RHIA
- Must have experience working with hospital medical records and have a thorough understanding of medical terminology
- Leadership experience required
- Knowledge of medical coding practices
- Effective communication skills to ensure clarity of duties, activities and responsibilities across HIM staff and physician offices
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Equal Employment Opportunity/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status