Applications are due by May 4, 2018 no later than Noon CST.
The committee will review all award applications and notify winners on May 21, 2018. Winners will be recognized at the TxHIMA Annual Convention on June 24, 2018. Consider applying or nominate a worthy individual today!
- The Rising Star Award recognizes and encourages the best of the fresh new talent being trained in health information administration or health information technology degree granting-program. It honors a gifted student or promising new professional who embodies great hope as we look to the future of the HIM profession.
- Qualified TxHIMA members who are a) Students enrolled at the time of nomination in an approved HIA or HIT degree program, or who have graduated in the last three months; or b) HIM professionals who have been credentialed within the last seven years. Nominees must demonstrate significant potential for future leadership, innovation, creativity, and administrative capacity.
- Potential sources for nominees include the following: AHIMA, State and Component Local Association Leaders, AHIMA Fellows, and other HIM professionals who have distinguished themselves as leaders.
The Legacy Award is TxHIMA’s highest honor. The purpose of this award is to recognize an Active Member of TxHIMA who has shown exemplary leadership within our organization and has made outstanding contributions to the profession and the professional association.
Those who are eligible to receive the Legacy Award must have made meritorious and sustained contributions to the profession in more than one of the following areas:
- Exemplary service to the Association. Candidates for this award have held various elected and appointed volunteer positions in the State and component local associations and have made meaningful and lasting contributions through their service, to elevate the practice of HIM.
- Outstanding achievement in professional practice. Evidenced by their role and impact in leading change in healthcare that is aligned with HIM practice. The Candidate has represented TxHIMA and the profession at the local, state and perhaps the national level in bringing awareness and education to HIM and related healthcare issues.
- Leadership in education. Through their mentoring and inspiration, they have guided emerging leaders in their participation in TxHIMA’s volunteer structure and have built meaningful experiences. Candidates for this award have made significant and sustained contributions to the advancement of the discipline of Health Information Management (HIM) education, and advancement of the profession through innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Contributions in research or published materials. Candidates for this award will have made considerable contributions to the State and National association through original research or authorship, editing, or service on editorial boards for journals, books, monographs, and other publications that advances the HIM profession.
The purpose of the Volunteer Award is to honor an active member of TxHIMA who has served as a consistent and exemplary volunteer supporting the mission of TxHIMA.
Individuals may be nominated for this award whose exceptional and consistent (minimum of three years) volunteer service has contributed to the advancement of the profession.
Provided exemplary volunteer services and made significant contributions to the profession while consistently serving in a variety of volunteer positions at the TxHIMA level as an officer, director, committee chair, task force chair and/or member. Frequent presentations in local or TxHIMA workshops, meetings, seminars or conferences on a volunteer basis.
1) Completed TxHIMA Recognition Awards Nomination Form (this form)
2) Nominee's resume, curriculum vitae (CV) or LinkedIn profile link.
3) A minimum of one signed letter of support from an individual (other than the nominee themselves) qualified to elaborate on a) the nominee's specific accomplishments b) how the nominee has met the guidelines for the nominated award, and c) why the nominee is worthy of an award. Letters of support must be signed by the author.
To apply, please submit your nomination form and required materials